When I was searching for a eggplant recipe to fit into my lifestyle change of less meat and more vegetables, I stumbled across my recipe folder and found "spicy cilantro chicken". So I switched out the poultry for eggplant and fired up the stove. Surprisingly the absence of chicken was not missed. The dish had the same great taste and is a healthier alternative to boot, home run for team preserve you!
|My mouth watering sauce|
Spicy Cilantro Eggplant Recipe
* 1 eggplant
* 1/2 yellow or red pepper
* 1/2 red onion
* 2 garlic cloves
* 1 teaspoon of minced fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon of dried
* 1 green onion
* 1/4 cup of diced carrots
* 1/4 cup of cut pineapple << -I used fresh
* vegetable oil
* 2 table spoons of chili sauce or paste
* 2 table spoons of silk amino acid (natural soy sauce alternative)
* 2 table spoons of rice wine vinegar
* 1 1/2 table spoons of sugar
* 1 table spoon of fish sauce
* juice of 2 limes
* 2 table spoons of minced cilantro
* 1 table spoon of cornstarch
Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add cut eggplant, carrots, yellow pepper, red onion, dash of salt, garlic, and ginger. Cook over medium heat until vegetable are translucent but not soft . Take veggies out of skillet and reserve in a bowl.
In a separate bowl combine all ingredients listed for eggplant sauce, whisk together. Then add sauce to the skillet and cook over medium heat until sauce thickens.
Add reserved vegetables to sauce and toss together in skillet. Then add pineapple chunks and sliced green onions and cook for another 5 mins or until the pineapple is heated through. Serve with brown rice (follow instructions on package or box of rice).
You will feel satisfied, not guilty, and a delicious leftover.
Preserve You, Peace & Blessings!!